Monday, July 11, 2011

No Singing

Rules. I miss the rules. I miss a lot of things. Right now though I miss the rules. Still find myself following them for whatever reason. Well, mostly. If the cats could talk.

The Wife visited today. Well, I guess she is still The Wife. I still think of her that way. She was always more though.

We swapped stuff. Chatted about mundane things, and caught up on minor events and I guess gossip. She gave me a belated b-day gift. She smudged my place. It feels better in here.

I enjoyed seeing her. We had not chatted in a while. No contact of any kind really. Which I can understand. She's a busy lady and well it is probably for the best. Her visit today made me realize I miss my friend. Just sitting and talking with her. Listening to her talk. I said something about missing my friend when she left. She gave me that half smile-grin and head tilt which left me feeling like a little boy or a puppy that did something cute. Maybe I should not have said anything, but that's what I was thinking/feeling. I hope it did not make her feel uncomfortable or anything. I kind of felt like a turd afterward. Not sure why though.

Good grief could this be more convoluted? Reflective of my state of mind I guess.

No comments: