Thursday, October 28, 2010

No Singing

One of 'The Rules'. Not exactly positive which number, but definitely one of them. Which is probably for the best.

I have been recently rediscovering music. Rediscovering how much I like music. With the catalyst of some friends turning me on to new groups, purchasing albums from the past, and just surfing You Tube I have been listening to a lot more music. I like it. I like the way it feels. I like the energy and positive feelings it elicits. Some of it I believe actually helps me think and be in a better, more active state of mind.

I wonder though if that is a good thing though.

I remember studying Kung Fu and Sifu indicating that he did not prefer to train with music on. The exception being during meditation and/or Tai Chi. His reasoning was that it was an external cause and influence and he preferred a more internal approach. Makes sense considering it was a soft style Kung Fu and Tai Chi being what it is.

I am not sure I can achieve without music what I am with it currently. At least not yet. That has always stuck with me though and I keep it in mind especially when I experience and particularly strong feeling from music.

I am still no good at air guitar either, but it is fun.

No comments: